The USAID Land Advisors Program expands USAID’s cadre of land and resource governance ambassadors from Missions and across sectors by building the capacity of selected USAID staff in land and resource governance (LRG) programming. Land Advisors lead the Agency in:
- Understanding the role of land rights and governance in achieving socio-economic development goals and political stability;
- Articulating the importance of land programming at USAID;
- Advocating for increased LRG programming within their USAID Mission or sector;
- Training other Mission or sector staff to integrate LRG into Mission and sector programming in order to improve USAID’s development outcomes;
- Analyzing which land and resource governance programming approaches are best aligned with country-level objectives, assets, and constraints;
- Becoming mentors and coaches for subsequent cohorts.
The year-long program includes
- Individual competency assessments in LRG, advocacy and influencing skills
- Virtual knowledge exchanges
- Coaching and mentoring from the USAID Land and CEL Learning teams
- Capstone and ground-based application
The 2020 Land Advisors
For more information about the Land Advisors Program, contact Janet Nackoney, Land and Resource Governance Specialist, USAID E3/Land.
The Land Advisor Program is supported by the USAID Communications, Evidence, and Learning (CEL) Project. This program is only open to USAID staff.