The Land Advisors Program expands USAID’s cadre of land ambassadors from Missions and across sectors by building the capacity of USAID staff in land and resource governance (LRG) programming. The program is open only to USAID staff. The Advisors Program empowers these USAID land ambassadors to:
- Advocate for increased LRG programming within their Mission or sector, and
- Train other Mission or sector staff to integrate LRG into Mission and sector programming in order to improve USAID’s development outcomes.
The program has five components
- A self-assessment on LRG, advocacy and influencing competencies
- Virtual training sessions
- Coaching and mentoring
- Open office hours with the USAID Land Team
- Capstone/ground-based application
- Becoming mentors and coaches for subsequent cohorts.
For more information about the Land Advisors Program, contact Janet Nackoney, Land and Resource Governance Specialist, USAID E3/Land
The Land Advisor Program is supported by the USAID Communications, Evidence, and Learning (CEL) Project. This program is only open to USAID staff.