Please be advised: this training event has been cancelled. This interactive course is intended for USG foreign assistance practitioners interested in strengthening their knowledge and skills in applying land tenure and property rights in their portfolios. Through presentations, video, discussion and practical exercises, participants will share experience and strengthen their skills and expertise in the following:
- Land tenure and property rights concepts, current issues and interventions
- Land and resource-based conflict and post-conflict stabilization
- Land and resource tenure for women and other vulnerable groups
- Land markets and administration
- Land tenure in natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, and climate change
The course has three objectives: (1) Exchange experiences and strengthen understanding of Land Tenure and Property Rights (LTPR) issues, best practices internationally and their application to USAID programming (2) Introduce LTPR concepts and approaches aimed at improving programmatic interventions in economic growth, food security, governance, conflict mitigation, natural resource management, food security, and climate change; and (3) Teach USG foreign assistance practitioners tools to address land tenure and property rights issues.